How Can I Get into Heaven?
If you have come to this site today seeking answers to the question “how can I get into heaven” then you are in the right place. First and foremost you should know that Jesus loves you and wants to have a personal relationship with you. In fact, there is nothing He wants more. So in the Bible He has given us the answer to this most important question and it can be stated in one word: FAITH. FAITH is an acrostic to help us understand the steps necessary to enter the Kingdom of heaven.
“F” Is for Forgiveness
- Everyone has sinned and needs God’s forgiveness. Romans 3:23: “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
- God’s forgiveness is in Jesus only. Ephesians 1:7: “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace.”
“A” Is for Available
- God’s forgiveness is available for all. John 3:16: “God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.”
- God’s forgiveness is available but not automatic. Matthew 7:21: “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord!’ will enter the kingdom of heaven.”
“I” Is for Impossible
- According to the Bible, it is impossible to get to heaven on our own. Ephesians 2:8-9: “By grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift – not from works, so that no one can boast.
So how can a sinful person have eternal life and enter heaven?
“T” Is for Turn
- If you were going down the road and someone asked you to turn, what would he or she be asking you to do? (Change direction) Turn means repent. Turn away from sin and self. Luke 13:3: “Unless you repent, you will all perish as well!”
- Turn to Jesus alone as your Savior and Lord. John 14:6: “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”
- Here is the greatest news of all. Romans 10:9-10: “If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. With the heart one believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses, resulting in salvation.”
What happens if a person is willing to repent of their sins and confess Christ?
“H” Is for Heaven
- Heaven is a place where we will live with God forever. John 14:3: “If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also.”
- Eternal life begins now with Jesus. John 10:10: “I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance.”
H can also stand for how
- How can a person have God’s forgiveness, eternal life, and heaven? By trusting Jesus as your Savior and Lord. You can do this right now by praying and asking Jesus to forgive you of your sins and inviting Jesus into your heart. Just take a moment right now to pray something like this:
Dear Lord Jesus, I am sorry for the things I have done wrong in my life. I ask your forgiveness and now turn from everything which I know is wrong. Thank you for dying on the cross for me to set me free from my sins. Please come into my life and fill me with your Holy Spirit and be with me forever.
Thank you Lord Jesus, Amen.
If you have prayed this prayer please take a moment to share your decision with us. We want to celebrate your decision with you and we want to pray for you as you start your new journey in life as a child of God.
Accepting Christ is just the beginning of a wonderful adventure with God! Get to know Him better in a number of ways:
- Follow Christ’s example in baptism.
- Join a church where you can worship God and grow in your faith.
- In your church, get involved in a small group Bible study.
- Begin a daily personal worship experience with God where you study the Bible and pray.