Have you ever stood in the store aisle staring at the myriad of bulbs available, wondering which is the right bulb for your fitment? There are so many choices to make.
- Incandescent, halogen, fluorescent, xenon, krypton, or LED.
- 40, 60, 75, 100, 150, 30/70/100, or 50/100/150 watts.
- Warm, soft, neutral, cool or daylight color temperature.
- 2700K, 3000K, 3500k, 4100K, 5000K or 6500K lumens.
- Small screw, medium screw, large screw, two-pin, twist-lock, double contact bayonet, plug-in, or side-prong.
- Round, bulged, candle, twisted candle, ellipsoidal, globe or tube shape.
- A, AR, B, BT, C, CA, E, ED, F, PAR, Prism, PS, RP, S, or T series.
- Wi-fi capable, or not.
- Dimmable, or not.
- Flood or spotlight.
Sheesh, what a daunting task it can be to choose a simple light bulb. And, if that’s not enough, you never know if the bulb is going to work until you connect it to the power source and turn it on. Surely, I’m not the only one who has gone through this exhausting ritual only to arrive home and find that the “brand new” light doesn’t work.
Ever been there? Have you ever encountered a situation like that? Where a “bad bulb” was masquerading as a “new bulb” and you couldn’t tell it from the packaging on the outside? It was an impostor! Chriminy, there are few things more frustrating that having to traipse back to the store to replace something you just bought that should have worked.
Imagine how Jesus must feel, given that He bought a whole bunch of light bulbs that don’t work half the time. And I shudder to think of the price he paid for those dysfunctional bulbs. To everyone else in the world, the bulbs may look the same. But to the power source they are distinctly different.
How can you tell if a bulb is functioning properly or not? How can you avoid extinguishing the element? What causes a light to dim or burn out? Come join us and find out. We’ll be focusing on Luke 12:1-12 this week, I hope you will join us for this illuminating study.
If you are unable to join us in person for this study, please feel free to download the Bible study materials for your personal use by following one of these links: PowerPoint Slides, PDF File. For more information about this Bible study series please see Doubtless Living: The Gospel of Luke.